Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Year of Change

Wow! It has been a long time since I have written on here! Mission life just gets way too crazy! Well, today, I hit a year on my mission and all I can think is "where did the time go?" because really, "time flies when you're having fun!" and "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are in the service of your God." Today, we did some service of cleaning up/painting a parking garage. As we cleaned up the dust and garbage, it made me think of repentance. [I know- missionary thoughts. haha] It can be really hard at times and you may not feel your little sweeping is really making much of a difference but, with the help of God, and others when necessary, all is possible and things can change. When we are forced to change, we usually are not very happy about it but, when we change because we want to be what God wants us to, miracles can happen. The longer I am out, the more I realize how we all have things to improve on and some take more time than others. Whether those things be repenting of sins or just becoming better or a combination of the two, we all need our Savior, Jesus Christ, to help us become that better person. I know I still have a long way to go to be who God wants me to but, little by little, sweep by sweep, and with His love, I can change and so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment