Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Daddy

What do you think when you hear that word? I think of my "Daddy," or Father, or Dad. Many of my friends know that, even though I am past my "teenage years," I still call my parents "Mommy&Daddy." Why? Because that is what they are. It is my word for endearment for them. Whenever my dad signs a letter to me, he signs it
Daddy.
This means a lot to me because it shows that he loves me. A Father is someone who support and helps and provides for his family, when he can. He is the leader of a home, with the help of his wife. A father protects and strengthens his children and wife. 

There is a video that really impacted me that is about fathers. It is about a young man who tried to have a better relationship with his father.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me & my parents. I don't have a picture
of just me & my dad right now.
This video really hit me because, in high school, I struggled with my relationship with my father. I loved him dearly but, it was hard for me to show that because he was busy (not by choice). He was helping people and doing his job at work and as a bishop (religious leader) for our congregation at church. I know that when we take time to try and be closer with our families, we can. I can testify of that of myself because, as I try to get to know my "Daddy" better, I have seen our relationship change. Even though I am across the country from my family, I feel closer to them than ever before because I know that they know that I love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment