Friday, October 4, 2013

Mother, Mom, Mommy. ♥ Madre, Mamá ♥

Today I watched a video about Mothers and Daughters and it gave me an idea to talk about why I am grateful for my mother. This video is filled with many young women talking about all the things they appreciate from their mothers.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I am grateful for my mother, or "mommy," because she has always been there for me. When I was in high school, she would stop what she was doing just to listen to me talk about my day as we both ate a bowl of ice cream. Even though we both hated it, we would go shopping together when I needed new clothes or something for school. When she says she will do something, she does it. At church, when she is asked to serve in some capacity, she always says yes and tries her best to do it the best she can. She does service for the family in little ways, well, they're actually pretty big: she cooks, cleans, does laundry, helps with homework, and teaches us how to do those things as well. When I went to college, I was so grateful for my mom making me learn how to do all sorts of chores because I was able to take care of myself and I knew how to have a clean apartment. I am grateful for my mom's testimony. When she shares what she believes to be true, you can feel it and see it in her face that she means it. She is not afraid to be herself. She is fun and loves to make everyone laugh by dancing around the kitchen as she sings and cleans or by making faces that look like animals. Whatever it is, she brings light and happiness to the room she is in. 
In the world we live in today, so many people view motherhood as something negative. I feel otherwise. Mothers can be a wonderful thing and help us grow and learn how to be better followers of Christ. The home is a place where we can grow closer to God and have good values instilled in us to help us in our futures. 

To learn the beliefs of the "Mormon" church, please read The Family: A Proclamation to the World. It talks about the divine roles of family members and the importance of families. (Para Español: http://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation?lang=spa)

Let us all take time to thank our mothers/fathers/friends who have influenced our lives for the better. 
Just think- what would your life be without the things you are grateful for?

3 comments:

  1. "A mother-daughter relationship is where a daughter learns how to nurture by being nurtured. She is loved. She is taught and experiences firsthand what it feels like to have someone care about her enough to correct her while continuing to encourage and believe in her at the same time."

    Amazing post, Sister Fisher. I'm so proud of you and I Know your Mom is really proud of you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, honey. I love you too.

    ReplyDelete