Friday, August 15, 2014

Ogden Temple Open House





Hello World! First off, sorry for being offline for so long. In my last area, I did not have access to a computer that would let me access my blog. So, here we go again! To bring everyone up to speed, the Ogden Temple has opened its doors to the public (meaning until September 6th, anyone can take a tour of the inside). As a sister missionary, I have had the privilege of helping start videos and answer questions in a tent. I also, have been able to work in a new area with a new companion. So, needless to say, many changes have been taking place. As all these changes have been occurring, one constant has been the video they show before the temple tour. And wow! What a powerful video it is! For those who have not seen it, I would encourage you to come and see it! For those who have, I want to share a quote by Jeffrey R. Holland that he shares at the end. Each time I watch this video, the one part that never ceases to touch my heart is this quote:

Holland said, "I don't know how to speak about heaven in the traditional, lovely, paradisaical beauty that we speak of heaven. I wouldn't know how to speak about heaven without my wife, or my children. It would not be heaven for me. Now you can say that's wishful thinking. Or you can say that's just because you love each other and you've gotten cozy here on earth and you like each other's company. It's a lot more than that. There is something eternal in the statement that, 'neither is the man without the woman, nor the woman without the man, in the Lord.' That isn't just good sociology. That is theology. It's eternal."

Wow! Such powerful words! And I know that they are true. Because the temple is a holy place, we do not go into detail about everything that happens inside but, I know that through those things, we come closer to God and families really are bound together forever. I am so greatful for that knowledge and the peace I feel each time I enter a temple, or the house of the Lord. I hope each of you will take the chance to come to Ogden and take advantage of this wonderful experience to enter a temple of God. I know it is something you will remember forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment