Monday, September 15, 2014

"Leave unto [the] Lord the Rest" - "Deja el resto [al] Señor"

As I was reflecting on my life, a thought my daddy had sent to me came to mind. It is quoted from a talk by Thomas S. Monson and is by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. He says, "Do [your] duty; that is best; leave unto [the] Lord the rest." This made me ask myself what my "duty" was. What am I supposed to do? The words of the missionary purpose then went through my mind, "My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." The two main words that stuck out were to "invite" and "help." Those are the two actions that I am supposed to do. But how? Reflecting on my own personal strengths, I came up with things I can do to help others. And what is the reward or blessing for doing this? "Leave unto [the] Lord the rest." He will take care of everything for me if I do what I should and focus on His will more than my own. That's what this quote means for me. How can it relate to someone else? "Every member a missionary!" So, maybe it is similar for you or it may be different. All depends on your "duty." Whatever it may be, I know God will take care of His children and always keep His promises.
~~~~~~~~
Mediante yo estaba reflexionanado de mi vida, una cita que mi padre me envió, vino a la mente. Es una cita de un discurso por Thomas S. Monson y la cita es por Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. El dijo lo siguiente, "Haz [tu] deber; es lo mejor, deja es resto [al] Señor." Esto me hizo pensar en mi "deber." ¿Qué debo hacer? Las palabras del propósito misional vino a la mente, "Mi propósito es invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo al ayudarles a que reciben el evangelio restaurado mediante la fe en Jesucristo y su expiación, el arrpentimiento, el bautismo, la recepción del don del Espíritu Santo, y al perseverar hasta el fin." Las dos palabras que me llamaron la atención, eran "invitar" y "ayudar." Estas palabras son acciones que debo hacer. Pero, ¿cómo? Al reflexionar en mis fuerzas, pensé en algunas cosas que yo pudiera hacer para ayudar a otros. ¿Cuáles son las bendiciones o galardón al hacer esto? "Deja el resto [al] Señor." El me va a cuidar en todo si hubiera hecho todo que pueda y me enfocara en su voluntad más que en la mía. Para mi, esto es lo que significa esta cita. ¿Cómo se puede aplicar a otra persona? "Cada miembro un misionero!" Entonces, tal vez sea lo mismo para usted. Tal vez sea diferente porque su "deber" es diferente que el mío. Lo que sea, yo sé que Dios cuidará a sus hijos y que siempre guardará sus promesas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment