Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Christ in the Book of Mormon - Cristo en El Libro de Mormón

My Book of Mormon
Our mission president has challenged us to read the entire Book of Mormon before the next General Conference (in just under 6 months) and mark all references to Christ. At first, I was a little sad because I had done it before my mission and I was trying to read the Book of Mormon in Spanish. Then, I got really excited because I realized I can do it in SPANISH! So, I began where I had left off in my personal study of the Book of Mormon. I took a yellow highlighter to add to my group of colorful pens (used to mark other things) to mark all references to Christ. I was amazed, as I began, how often Christ appears in the Book of Mormon. Yes, I did it in English but, it was with a red pen which did not stand out as much as the neon yellow highlighter. This experience has increased my testimony of the Book of Mormon being another testament of Jesus Christ. The pages are full of references to Him. When we follow Christ, we are obeying the words of God. I know the Book of Mormon is of God and contains guidance for us to return to live with God. And, through this book, I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the church of Jesus Christ on the earth (See Introduction).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Book of Mormon
Nuestro presidente de misión nos invitó a leer el Libro de Mormón antes de la próxima Conferencia General (menos de 6 meses) y marcar referencias de Cristo. Primero, me sentía un poco triste porque he hecho esta antes de mi misión y yo era tratando a leer en Español. Después un poco tiempo, me sentí feliz porque yo puedo hacerlo en ESPAÑOL! Entonces, empecé donde terminé para mi estudio personal del Libro de Mormón. Usé un highlighter amarillo con mis bolígrafos con muchos colores (para otras cosas) para marcar referencias a Cristo. Me asombró cuantas veces había referencias a Cristo en el Libro de Mormón. Sí, hice en Inglés pero fue en rojo que no fue muy bien como el highlighter. Esta experiencia ha aumentado mi testimonio de Jesucristo. Las páginas son llenos de referencias a él. Cuando seguimos a Cristo, estamos guardando las palabras de Dios. Yo sé que el Libro de Mormón es de Dios y tiene consejo para nosotros para regresar a vivir con Dios. También, mediante esto libro, sé que José Smith fue un profeta y que la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los santos de los últimos días es la iglesia de Jesucristo en la tierra hoy (va Introducción).



No comments:

Post a Comment