Friday, March 14, 2014

A Hidden Answer

Today, while studying, I remembered a letter from my mother where she felt she needed to share a talk with me on baptism. (Spiritual Power of our Baptism by Carol B. Thomas) At first, I was confused. I know what baptism means and the covenants (two way promises with God) associated with it. I teach it to complete strangers daily! Why did Mommy feel I needed this talk? I continued reading with that question but, nothing came to mind. It was a great talk but, I didn't feel it applied to me and my needs.

lds.org
Then, I got to a part about a girl from Chicago. That caught my attention. But, as I continued reading about short shorts and miniskirts, I once again began to question why I was reading this. After reading the end of her story,

I got my answer.

I had had to read almost the entire talk to find what I needed. Sometimes we have to go through times of patience to find the answers.

The answer for me was, "When we have to give up something that is a part of us, the blessings will pour in more than you can imagine."

How often are we asked to sacrifice something when we choose to follow God? It might be a habit, a way of life, friends, something that is bad for our health, whatever it is, when we give those things up, we are blessed.

As I reflected on this point, I was reminded of times in my life when I had to change to be better. It was always hard but, now, I see the blessings of those challenges. There are still things I personally need to work on but, I know, with God, I can be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment