Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Potential You are Meant to Live

Recently I have been thinking of a few friends of mine who have been making a few changes in the lives. At first, the changes made me so happy because they were coming closer to God and making their lives better. Then, something switched and I feel I'm losing my friends again. It is so hard to watch people struggle and not be able to help them or change their lives for them.

As I was reflecting on how God, no matter what we do, loves us so much. I was led to a quote by Jeffrey R. Holland that says, "If something is buried in the past, leave it buried...Such dwelling on past lives, including past mistakes, is just not right!" (for whole talk go here)

Change is hard. I will not deny that. I have my own things I am trying to change. But, I know that they are possible through the Atonement [when Christ suffered, died and was resurrected for our us] of Jesus Christ.

There is a Mormon Message I love entitled, Your Potential, Your Privileges, that talks about a man who lives below his privileges. When, we let Christ help us, we can fully take advantage of what life has to offer and return to live with Him and our Father in Heaven again. I know that to be true and I hope you can come to realize that too.





No comments:

Post a Comment