Saturday, March 1, 2014

Time Sure Does Fly When We Try

Today... kind of... I hit the half way mark of my mission. As I reflect on all that happened in the past nine months, it is hard to believe how much I have grown and changed. Sure, I still have a long way to go but, it is great to look back and see the progress. In the Book of Mormon there is a book called Ether. In Ether chapter 12, verse 27, is a verse that has always meant a lot to me. It says...

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. 
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; 
and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; 
for if they humble themselves before me, 
and have faith in me, 
then will I make things become strong unto them." 
(emphasis added)

As a summary, it is saying, if we come unto God, He will show us our weaknesses and if we are humble and have faith, God will make our weaknesses strong. 

lds.org
I know this to be true. I have mentioned before how I have a fear of speaking with people I do not know but, through having faith and trying, I have seen that become easier. I obviously have a long way to go but, little by little. When we trust in God, we can see miracles. And this can apply to anything. Any struggle we have, God can help us if we are willing to do it in His way and His timing. I love a quote by Elder Neal A. Maxwell that says, 


"But our faith in God includes faith in God's timing, enough to be able to say, in effect, 'Thy timing  be done.'" 

How many more blessings we can receive when we turn everything over to the Lord and let Him help us. That is when life is for the best. It may not be easy but, it is always worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment