Wednesday, September 11, 2013

How do you Know? - Cómo ud. sabe?

As missionaries, we invite others to come unto Christ through faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. We want others to have the same joys we have experienced but, how can a person know for themselves that what the missionaries, or anyone for that matter, is telling them truth? In the Book of Mormon, there is a prophet, Alma, who, before he was called to serve God, was going about trying to destroy the church of God. He was the son of a prophet but, he did not believe his father's words. One day, as he was out destroying the church, an angel appeared to him and told him to stop. But, this was not the converting factor. In Alma 5:45-46 it says:

45. And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?
http://www.lds.org/media-library/images
/gospel-art/book-of-mormon?lang=
eng#christ-appears-to-the-nephites-39663
46. Behold, I say unto you that they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.

Many times we may be waiting for a large sign to come from God to tell us what to do but, as Alma 5:40 says:

40. For I say unto you that whatsoever is good cometh from God, and whatsoever is evil cometh from the devil.

Sometimes we just need to trust in our feelings and know that God talks to all man-kind differently. I know for me, it really is just feelings and good thoughts that tell me that God is speaking to me through His spirit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Como misioneros, invitamos a otros a venir a Cristo mediante fe, arrepentimiento, bautizmo, el don del espíritu santo y perserverar hasta al fin. Queremos que otras personas tengan al mismo gozo de nosotros pero cómo una persona puede saber for ella mismo que las cosas de misionaros, o otras personas, son verdadera? En el Libro de Mormón, había un profeta, Alma, quién, antes de su llamamiento para ser un profeta, trataba a destruir la iglesia. Fue un hijo de un profeta pero no creía en las palabras de su padre. Un día, durante el tiempo que él estaba tratando a destruir la iglesia, un ángel apareció a él y le dijo a dejar de estas cosas. Pero, no fue la razón que él creía. En Alma 5:45-46 dice:

45. Y esto no es todo. No suponéis que sé de estas cosas yo mismo? He aquí, os testifico que yo sé que estas cosas de que he hablado son verdaderas. Y cómo suponéis que yo sé de su certeza?
46. He aquí, os digo que el Santo Espíritu de Dios me las hace saber. He aquí, he ayunado y orado muchos días para poder saber estas cosas por mí mismo. Y ahora sé por mí mismo que son verdaderas; porque el Señor Dios me las ha manifestado por su Santo Espíritu; y éste es el espíritu de revelación que está en mí.

Hay muchas veces cuando estamos esperando por un señal grande de Dios pero, como Alma 5:40 dice: 

40. Porque os digo que todo lo que es bueno viene de Dios; y todo lo que es malo, del diablo procede.

A veces necesitamos confiar en nuestros sentimientos y saber que Dios habla con todas las personas en maneras diferentes. Yo sé que para mí, es sentimientos y pensamientos buenos que me dice que Dios esta hablando a mi mediante su espíritu.

No comments:

Post a Comment