Monday, September 30, 2013

With God We Can do All Things- Con Dios podemos hacer todo

Today I would like to share a personal experience. Yesterday marked four months serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Should have been a super happy day, right? It was but, I first had to have some de-stressing moments. My close friends can tell you I stress out a lot and about a lot of different things. The joke is sometimes that I act as a child and a mom all in one. Some worried about me going on a mission because they thought I would stress too much. And so far, things have been fine. I've been able to keep my stress under control. Until yesterday.

I began my day really just wanting to be alone but, as a missionary, you need to stay within sight and sound of your companion. So, I just tried to forget my stress. Then, church began and once again it was becoming overwhelming. I began writing my thoughts and praying that the Lord would help me overcome this so I could be the missionary I needed to be. A young girl got up to bear her testimony and talked about patience and trust in God. I felt at peace. I almost began crying because I felt that her simple testimony was an answer to prayer. The day continued and my stress level would go up and down at random moments to changes in schedule and things I had to do, etc. Then, I finally reached a peak and I knew I would snap if I didn't take care of it. I went with my companion to a different room with a piano. I just played and played and played. Let my stress enter the black and white keys as my mind began to focus. Then, I stop. I bowed my head. Clasped my hands together. and Prayed.

As I pleaded for help from God, the words of a hymn I had sung several times in Spanish came to mind: "Señor, te necesito" or, "I need thee Every Hour" [See music here]. Tears began to slip from my eyes and down my cheeks to my chin. I knew God was listening to me and was there to help me. I know God lives and that, when we have hard times, we only need to turn to Him and hold on to our faith. Hard times will come. This life is full of them but, God loves us and has provided a Savior, Jesus Christ, to help us through those hard times so we can return to live with Him again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hoy me gustaría compartir una experiencia personal. Ayer fue mi día de cuatro meses ser una misionera por La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los últimos días. Debía ser un día muy feliz, sí? Sí fue pero, antes necesité tener un tiempo para dejar mi estrés. Mis amigos pueden decirle que tengo mucho estrés. Un chiste es que yo soy como un niña y madre juntos. Unos tenían miedo de voy en un mision porque de mi estrés. Y hasta este momento fue bien. 

Empezaba mi día queriendo ser sólo pero como misionera, necesito ser con mi compañera todo el tiempo. Entonces, traté a olvidar mi estrés. Entonces, la iglesia empezó y otra vez sentía estrés. Escribí mis pensamientos y oré a mi Señor para ayudarme a ser la misionera que necesitaba ser. Una jovén dio su testimonio y habló sobre paciencia y confianza en Dios. Sentí paz. Casi lloré porque sentí que su testimonio fue una respuesta a mi oración. El día continuaba y mi estrés fue diferente por cada momento depende de que estaba haciendo. Entonces, mi estrés fue mucho y no pude enfocarme en otra cosa. Fui con mi compañera a un otro cuarto y empecé a tocar el piano. Toqué. Toqué. y Toqué. Mi estrés fue a las cositas negro y blanco y mi mente pudo enfocar. Entonces, dejé. Mi cabeza incliné. Di mis manos. Y oré.

Pedí ayuda de Dios y un himno entró de mi mente: "Señor, te necesito" [Puede ver música aquí]. Lloré. Sé que Dios escuchó a mi oración y fue allá para ayudarme. Sé que Dios vive y que cuando tenemos tiempos difíciles, necesitamos doblar a él y tener fé. Tiempos difíciles van a venir. Esta vida tiene muchos pero Dios nos ama y ha dado un Salvador, Jesucristo, para ayudarnos durante este tiempos para que podamos regresar a vivir con él otra vez. 

No comments:

Post a Comment