Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Victory... Miracle of the Day

Awhile ago, I had a friend suggest looking for your "Victory of the Day" or something you accomplished every day. It is a great way to feel accomplished when sometimes things do not go the way we wanted. Maybe you did not get the laundry done, or did not finish that book you wanted to, or any number of things but, we can look for what we did do. Maybe we washed all the dishes in the sink or we took out some huge bush out of the yard, or maybe we simply sorted that laundry. I know when I look for the positive I feel better about my day and know, maybe I did not finish what I wanted to but, I did get done something else.

lds.org
Today, however, I would like to take that one step further. I would like to talk about looking for a "Miracle of the Day." Maybe there was a rainbow when we felt like no one was there to help. Maybe we found a scripture that answered our question. Maybe we heard from a friend that we thought we would never hear from again. Whatever it may be, it can help us see the hand of God in our life and help us draw closer to Him.

Around Christmas, we, as missionaries, were encouraged to do this. I decided "why not?" So, each night, I would write one miracle I had seen in my life and it made me really appreciate what I had. It helped me see, more clearly, that God loves me individually. I also was able to see how much he loved those around me one by one.

I can promise you, if you look for a "Miracle of the Day," you will see God's hand in your life and be more grateful for what you have. You will have more peace and feel the Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit, more, leading you through your path. God loves us so much and wants the best for us but, we need to show Him we want to follow His will. Just try it. Start tonight and reflect on when you saw God's hand in your life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment