Monday, February 3, 2014

My Healer

Today marks almost one year of my aunt's passing. A few weeks ago, I wrote out my experience and today, I would like to share it with all of you. It tells of hope and how, through Christ, we can find peace. Not saying it's easy to lose a loved one but, we can keep moving forward. My heart is with my uncle and cousins, and other family members today. I know families are forever and that God watches over His children.

Greg Olsen
"My Healer"
By: Chelsey Fisher

I grew up with a lot of family nearby. We spent a lot of time together. However, when I left for college, I left that family behind and spent time with another part. To have a time of peace, I joined choir. One night, while curling my hair and doing my make-up for a concert, I received a call from my mom. What she had to tell me shocked me.

My aunt had cancer.

Not just the starts of it but, a return of her old cancer which was worse than before. Immediately, the words of one of our choir pieces came to mind. "Where can I turn for peace?..."

All was in the Lord's hands but, I continually prayed for my aunt and waited the end of the semester to see her again. However, that was my will.

That next fast Sunday, as a family, we fasted for her. As I was sitting in Sacrament meeting, listening to testimonies, my thoughts turned to my aunt and uncle and their two little children. Before I knew it, I was at the front testifying of eternal families.

Greg Olsen
After leaving church, I pulled out my phone to see a text from my mom telling me my dear aunt had passed away about the time I was sharing my testimony. I was stunned. As we entered the apartment, I told my roommate about what had happened and  broke down sobbing. The things I had just testified faltered in my mind. Were they real? Would I really see my aunt again?

My family that was nearby could not fully understand how I  felt and neither could my family gathered at home. I felt completely alone and that no one could help me. As I pondered the strain of events, the things of my youth came to mind and I prayed and played music about my Savior, Jesus Christ. I felt at peace.

When I think of my aunt and the family still here on earth, I shed a tear for the loss but, I can not testify that I know God lives. I know families can be together forever. I know Jesus Christ knows exactly how we feel because He has been there. I know God answers prayers and that, through Christ, we can be healed. He healed my broken heart. He can heal you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment