Saturday, February 15, 2014

Thanks Mommy!

This morning, I was watching a few Mormon Messages and I happened to click on "Motherhood: An Eternal Partnership with God" by Jeffery R. Holland. I had watched the video before but, I found myself near tears from gratitude for what my mom has done for me. (my father as well but, this video focuses on mothers)

I would like to invite you to watch it and think of your mom, grandma, foster-mom, step-mom, woman leader, whoever it may be that has given so much to help you be who you are.
~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
How many times do we forget to say, "thank you," to those around us. Did you thank you mom (or other woman you look up to) when she washed your clothes or dishes? When she helped you with your homework? or paid you a compliment? I know there were many times I did not thank my mom for what she did and, being away from home, I realize how grateful I am for all she has done. 

On a similar note, how often do we thank God for what we have been given? God gives us so many blessings every day and He wants to hear from us. Through prayer, we can thank Him for those blessings and ask Him for the things we need. Prayer is a simple communication with God that allows us to align our will to His. (See BD: Prayer) For those who have never prayed before, there are four simple steps you can follow:

Steps to Prayer:
1. Address our Heavenly Father (ex: Dear Heavenly Father)
2. Thank God for the blessings you have (ex: I thank thee for...)
3. Ask for the things you need (ex: I ask thee for...)
4. End with the phrase: "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

I know that when we are more grateful with others, and especially our Heavenly Father, we feel more at peace and feel the hand of the Lord in our lives more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment