Monday, January 6, 2014

A Family is Forever

In honor of my dad's birthday, I would like to talk a little bit about families. The church has put out a great document entitled, "The Family: A Proclamation to the World." This document explains the roles of members of the family and also, why we have families. It does not say that one gender is better than the other but, that each has their own special roles and that is why we are created differently.

On my mission, I have been asked time and time again if I feel oppressed as a woman in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the answer is always no. I feel so blessed because I am given special talents and gifts to fulfill the roles God wants me to and not what society thinks I should be. The world seems to focus on looks and who can get the most money but, when we realize we are all children of God, brothers and sisters, why would we want to focus on things of the world? When we have the opportunity to serve others and recognize we are all unique and here for a reason, life can be viewed as a beautiful place.

Families are something eternal. With them, we can learn many truths from God and grow spiritually to be able to combat the evil around us. Through temples, we can be sealed with our families for time and all eternity, not "til death do us part." Just imagine what a beautiful thing it would be to spend the rest of eternity with our family in love and joy. What an amazing thing that would be!

I feel so blessed to have a family that has helped me, and does continue to help me. I am so grateful for this gospel and for the example Jesus Christ has set for us and for the knowledge that men and women are different but, are both equally children of our Heavenly Father who loves us all so much.



For more information on families go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment