Friday, January 10, 2014

How to Receive Personal Inspiration

Yesterday, I received a letter from my mom in response to some questions I had. Her response led me to ponder more about personal revelation and this morning, in my personal study. While scrolling through talks, I came across a talk by Elder Richard G. Scott entitled, "How to Obtain Revelation and Inspiration for Your Personal Life." (para español: aquí) At one point, he talks about his personal study with the scriptures and gives a pattern that we can follow. I had heard this pattern before but, I had forgotten until I re-read this talk. I would like to suggest it because it is a simple way to really focus our studies on what the Lord would have us learn and to learn by the Holy Ghost, or the Spirit. The cycle is as follows:


I know that as we focus more on what the Lord wants us to learn, we will be blessed with inspiration to help us live our life to the fullest and to be able to help those around us more. As we focus on serving those around us, the Lord will use those experiences to help us overcome our challenges. I know this to be true because I have seen it in my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment