Tuesday, January 21, 2014

JOY: Jesus, Others, You

Something I've noticed as a missionary is the lack of focus on yourself. You're always worrying about so&so's ulcers, so&so's brother's aunt, if so&so read and prayed, the baptism of so&so who is being taught be the elders... etc. the list goes on. I used to just worry about myself, my family, and my friends. Now, I feel everyone else comes first and any thoughts of myself is lost.

Psalm 23 in Spanish with my missionary name plaque
It reminds me of efy one year when our efy leaders showed us 2 Nephi 2:25 "Adam fell that men might be and men are that they might have JOY" and JOY stands for


Jesus Christ, 
Others, 
You. 

As I have been serving as a missionary of Jesus Christ, I have served others before myself. Because of that, I feel joy more than any other moment of my life. I can't describe how much these people mean to me who I hardly know. I only know they are God's children and that is all that matters. He loves them so I do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment