Saturday, January 11, 2014

Appreciate Those Around You

Today as we were having companionship inventory, I realized how grateful I am that people are different than me. Everyone has something unique to share and that is how things get done in different ways. With different ideas and different backgrounds, we come to different conclusions but, even with all our differences, we can have the same goals. One I would like to touch on is following Christ.

my edited picture
Even though many people have different ways in which they express their religious beliefs, many people still believe in Christ and follow Him. Some, through service, others through prayer, some through church attendance, some through a combination of the above and a few more. When we follow Christ we feel at peace. In John 14:27, Christ said, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." Christ promised the Holy Ghost to be around us to help in this world we live in.

The Holy Ghost talks to everyone differently but, once again, it does talk to everyone who is willing to listen and follow Christ's teachings. Galatians 5:22-23 teaches us that, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance." Even though people feel it differently, it is usually something along those lines.

From these differences, we learn more about a person and learn to appreciate them more and what we have more. I know that as I have come to meet new people and work with others, I have come to realize more fully who I am and, through that, I have become better. Think of those you associate with and how they impact you and appreciate our differences that make us all a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment