Monday, November 11, 2013

Blessings of the Priesthood

Many people have asked me if I feel like I'm missing out in not holding the Priesthood. My answer is always the same: no. I receive so many blessings from the Priesthood that I would not trade for anything. The Priesthood is held by men in the church who are worthy. They use this power to help the church and perform service. One of these services is blessings to heal the sick or comfort those who are struggling. In my life time, I have been blessed by both of these but, the ones that stand out the most right now are most recently. I will not be giving details but, I will give some basics to help you see why these were so meaningful to me:

A few weeks ago, someone gave us some shrimp tacos and they did not sit well in my stomach (because I am allergic). Because of this, my companion and I needed to return home and I took a 30 minute nap to try and see if I felt better. It did not help much. Then, some elders gave me a blessings and, within an hour, I felt better and it was as if I had not even been ill. This was a miracle for me because I was able to get back to missionary work and continue doing what I needed to.

Another was very recently. I have been feeling very stressed out by how I do not talk much, as was discussed in another blog post. I decided to get a blessing and two elders gave me a blessing of comfort. As words that I needed to hear were said, tears rolled down my cheeks and peace filled my heart as my burdens were made lighter.

I know that the Priesthood is restored on the earth today. There is no way 18 and 20 year old young men could have said what I needed to hear without the help of God. There is no way I could have been healed of feeling sick just by some young men saying I would be better. I have had too many experiences like this that have confirmed to me that the Priesthood is real and is again on the earth to help those in need. I know it is. I know it with all my heart. So, once again, I am happy to be a woman and be able to receive the blessings of the Priesthood and I would never change that.
~~~~~~~~~~
Video about the Priesthood and how it serves others.
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment