Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Scriptural Feast... Will you "eat" again?

Who doesn't like food? Who doesn't need food? I know I love food and I need food. I had a friend tell me about a thought he had about how we need scriptures just like we need food. Just as food gives us nourishment and helps us strengthen ourselves, scripture study helps us strengthen our soul.

What would happen if we treated scripture study as we treat Thanksgiving (as though we will never eat/study again)? How much more we would gain out of it and how much greater our relationship would be with God, our Heavenly Father.

My picture (posted on facebook)
The world is changing and many of the standards the Lord has set are being changed, as well. But, God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. We need to treat things of God as something urgent and important. Who knows how much longer we have until this world will have to face the judgement of God?

2 Nephi 32:3 says, "Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words or Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do."

I have noticed that when I really try to follow God with urgency, my life is better and I feel I am doing God's will. When I study my scriptures more than just a verse here or there, I feel more edified and uplifted. I learn more and gain more understanding to help me in my life. I draw closer to God. The scriptures are for us to gain revelation from God of how we can be the person he wants us to be. So, why not "feast" as though it's Thanksgiving and be grateful for the words of God that have been given to man?

No comments:

Post a Comment