Saturday, November 2, 2013

Dare to Stand Alone

There have been many moments in my life when I have felt alone in this world. For those that try to follow Christ, it is easy to feel lost and alone when your friends are our partying and you are home. Even though these moments can be hard, they do pass and you can find strength through continuing to keep your standards and live the teachings of Christ. The video below is of the prophet, Thomas S. Monson, when he was in the Navy and stood up for being a "Mormon" (Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). He could have easily not but, he kept his standards and was blessed because of it.
~~~~~
~~~~~
In High School, there were many weekends when I felt very alone. I felt like I was the only one who was sitting at home doing homework and spending time with family. When I got to college, however, I found out that had not been the case. Even though I felt I was the only one, there were others who also had sacrificed popularity for Christ. There are others now who do this. There are blessings. They may not be right now when we want them but, they will come to those who follow Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment