Monday, November 18, 2013

Thank you, Mr. Gardener - Gracias, Señor Jardinero

This morning I read a talk by Elder D. Todd Christofferson entitled, "As Many as I Love, I Rebuke and Chasten," from April 2011 General Conference. This talk is about how when God loves someone, he puts them through trials and hard times to help them become better. Elder Christofferson tells the story of Hugh B. Brown and a currant bush. This story has been turned into a mormon message that has really touched my heart. I hope it will touch yours as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Will of God" Mormon Message here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many times we, like the currant bush and President Brown, wish to call to God and ask, "How could you do this to me? I thought you were the gardener here." But, God always replies with love and says, "I am the gardener here. I know what I want you to do." Then, when we have been humbled, we too can say, "Thank you, Mr. Gardener, for cutting me down, for loving me enough to hurt me." How often life is so hard and we really need the help of God but, we must be humble to accept His will and not our own.

~~~~~~

Esta mañana, yo estaba leyendo un discurso por élder D. Todd Christofferson se llama "Yo reprendo y disciplino a todos los que amo," de la Conferencia General de Abril 2011. Este discuro es sobre el amor de Dios para ayudarnos a ser mejores por medio de pruebas. Elder Christofferson compartió un cuento de Hugh B. Brown y un grosellero. Esto cuento es un mensaje mormón que tocó mi corazon. Espero que pueda tocarles también. (Si no puede entender inglés el cuento está en este discuro aquí).

Muchas veces, como el grosellero, esperamos llamar a Dios y pregutar, "Cómo pudiste hacerme esto? Creí que tú eras el jardinero aquí." Pero Dios, siempre con amor, responderá, "Yo soy el jardinero aquí, y sé lo que quiero que hagas." Entonces, cuando estábamos humildes, vamos a decir, "Gracias, Señor Jardinero, por talarme, por quererme lo suficiente para herirme." Muchas veces la vida es muy difícil y necesitamos la ayuda de Dios pero necesitamos ser humildes para aceptar su voluntad y no lo de nosotros. 

No comments:

Post a Comment